10.22.2012

Mission: Organization - An Introduction

As women, we often wear many hats. Mama, wife, chef, psychologist, disciplinarian, taxi driver, maid,  wiper of boogers, finder of lost socks, and kisser of boo-boos. As much as we try act like Super Woman, it can get a little lot bit overwhelming.

See, I have a little....well, problem. I'm an organization *ahem* freak - I like things neat, in its place, in the right order (preferably alphabetical, numerical or color coded)...but I just can't seem to get to exactly where I want to be. I'm never satisfied. This bothers me....a lot. Way more than it probably should. I actually lose sleep over it (ok, pretend I never said that). But I can't help but expect perfection from myself. In my perfect world, my house would never have clutter, I'd load every dish into the dishwasher as it was dirtied and wash the laundry the second the soiled clothes were taken off. But life is busy. VERY very busy. Kenzie's taking three different dance classes this year, and also participates in Girl Scouts and our church youth group activities. She's also signing up for basketball season soon, which is set to begin around November. This will add at least one practice per week and a game nearly every Saturday. Afternoons around here are chaotic, to say the least. So I've decided something's gotta give - I've got to think of an alternative to running around like a chicken with my head cut off 24/7. I figure a well-planned system of organization is the key to cutting out the chaos. With that said, I'm beginning an interactive (yes, YOU can participate!) new series called.......




I have set some goals for myself (and you, if you'd like) to complete in the coming months, but we'll start with the first one:

Mission: Monthly Menu Planning
 Action Steps
  • Figure out a family budget. Start with looking back at exactly how much you spent on groceries last month. Is it reasonable for your income level? Come up with a set amount you are able to spend each month, and then make a vow that no matter what, you will STICK TO IT. Planning is the key to a successful budget!
  • Develop a menu system that works for your family's specific needs: Don't make this step more complicated than it is just jot down the days you have extra-curricular and have less time to cook you may want to have leftovers, maybe having a bigger meal for Sunday supper, how many times you will eat out per month (if that's in your budget), etc.
     
  •  Plan a month worth of dinner ideas. 
Here's a sample of one of my monthly dinner menus. It's also downloadable and printable! Fancy, huh?


I tried to keep it simple by always doing leftovers on Mondays (Kenzie has two dance classes that day, so it's hectic), Mexican food on Tuesdays, and a bigger meal for Sunday Supper. 


To participate in this week's mission:

1)  Complete the mission (and blog about your experience, if you'd like - I'd love to hear how it works for you). I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!
2) Grab a Button (below) post into your blog post by copying the code below it, or simply inlude a link back to my blog in your post..
3) Link up your mission so others an see your progress and participate, too!


Grab button for mission organization




3 comments:

  1. Returning your visit via Destination Craft! I need help in the menu planning department. I'm so tired of being the one who decides what we eat and get bored doing it. Can't wait to see all the suggestions.
    ~Erin @ Kaminski's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin, I was in the same boat! Now that I've mixed it up a little, and try new recipes often, it's (almost) become a hobby of mine to plan everything out! :) I hope you'll follow along in the missions, I'd love to see how you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, how fantastic! I love organization!! I'm a little addicted to it. lol. Thank you for the visit and sweet comment at The Dedicated House. Would love it if you would share this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2012/10/make-it-pretty-monday-week-20.html Hope to see you at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete