12.06.2012

Super Simple Skillet Lasagna

Can we have a moment of total honesty? Ok, good. I've never...ever... made lasagna before. *gasp* I've never even tried. And let me tell ya - I love me some lasagna. I've always looked up to a woman who can prepare the perfect lasagna, but the process looks long and I just picture myself spending hours preparing a gorgeous lasagna just to have it fall apart into a goopy mess when I cut into it. Lasagna...well, it intimidates me.

Lately, I've been seeing a lot of recipes around for Skillet Lasagna, and they all look so dang good. I figured this would probably be my safest option, so I started scouring the internet for the perfect one. They all looked amazing - but I had this picture in my head of how easy this process needed to be. I didn't want to add eggs to the ricotta, cook the noodles, drain the noodles, add the noodles and still have another 20 minutes 'til meal time.  I'm more of a "one-pot meal" kinda girl. Or maybe you could call me a "dump-everything-in-a-pan-and-pray-it-turns-out-well kinda girl. Either way, I decided to wing it. And folks, it turned out soooo well. It may not *look* as pretty as classic lasagna, but it is every bit as decadent. It's simple, saucy, cheesy, ooey, gooey, and just...well, heavenly. *sigh*



What You'll Need:
1 lb. lean ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce (I like Ragu Chunky Garden Veggie)
1/2 cup water, divided
5-6 no-boil lasagna noodles, broken in half
1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
salt and pepper to taste

Preparation: 
Season and brown ground beef and onions over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and add 1/4 cup of water and 1/3 of the spaghetti sauce to skillet. Stir to combine. Layer half of the lasagna noodles and top with another 1/3 of spaghetti sauce. Layer the rest of the lasagna noodles. Pour remaining water into spaghetti sauce jar and swirl around, then pour over the top of noodles, being careful to cover all surfaces. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until noodles are cooked. Evenly dollop ricotta cheese and sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top. Cover and continue simmering until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.

I'm already looking forward to leftovers for tomorrow's lunch! Download and print this recipe below!
Super Simple Skillet Lasagna


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you're finished if you stick your skillet (I used my cast iron skillet) in the (heated) oven for five minutes to brown the top, you've got a "Pretty" skillet lasagna.

    ReplyDelete